UX Designers are generalists.
They work throughout the whole design process: They do research at the beginning to find out more about the customers’ needs, get involved in ideation, build prototypes, test it with users and oversee the implementation.
According to CNNMoney/PayScale, UX Design ranked #14 among the top 100 careers with big growth, great pay and satisfying work with a median pay of $89,300 with the top pay hitting $138K and a growth rate of 18%.
Role responsibilities include
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Conduct usability testing
- Develop Wireframes, flows and others mapping techniques
- Analyze complex data to establish design goals
- Ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Create user stories, personas, user scenarios and storyboards
- Create intuitive and useful solutions to solve the problems users face in their lives
- Plan out Information Architecture and create sitemaps
- Create lo/mid/hi prototypes
Also known as
This role is great for
Someone who has background knowledge in Psychology, Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology), Architecture, Design (Graphic, Product, Style), Management. This is someone who has good communication, collaboration and empathy skills to deal with users, and project management skills to plan and schedule user experience work.
To succeed in this role, one must :
- Enjoy being in charge of the entire design process, from the initial stage of understanding users, to the final stage of producing a high-fidelity prototype and implementing it;
- Has sufficient understanding of broad topics in UX, such as information architecture, psychology, emotional design, interaction design and visual design;
- Finds it fulfilling to analyze complex data to define design goals that you then work towards;
- Loves to create intuitive and useful solutions to solve the problems users face in their lives; and
- Can perform—to a proficient level—a broad range of tasks from user research to designing prototypes.
Based on Brazilian scenario (SP/RJ/MG/PR)
(Tech Industry/Consulting firms)
R$ 3.5k ~ 4.5k BRL (junior/analyst position)
R$ 4.5k ~ 6.5k BRL (analyst)
R$ 4.5k ~ 6.5k BRL (senior analyst/coordinator)
R$ 6.5k ~ 10k BRL (lead/managing)