Product Owner is a specific role in the Agile teams using Scrum methodology.
They are accountable for maximizing the value of the product for the users. The Product Owner is also accountable for effective Product Backlog management.
This role means being the link between the client/business and a project team, composed, in parts, of Designers and Developers. This is why it is a plus if the Product Owner understands both the Design Thinking methodology and the technical constraints of building a product.
Role responsibilities include
- Developing and explicitly communicating the Product Goal, Roadmap, Vision and ROI
- Creating and clearly communicating Product Backlog items, mainly using User Stories for a user-centric approach from the team
- Ordering and prioritizing Product Backlog items;
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood.
- Defines Iterations and Stories
- Anticipating client needs
- Evaluating product progress at each iteration
Also known as
Scrum Product Owner
This role is good for Someone who
Has background knowledge in Management, Business, Design.This is someone who has good communication, collaboration and empathy skills to deal with users and stakeholders, and project management skills to plan product roadmap and backlog.
To succeed in this role, one must :
- Discover those latent needs that your customer or user hasn't even imagined
- Think about what will transform that story into a product feature that — you guessed it — delights the user
- Delegate and build a team that will help you
- Have the courage and the capability to engage when things get difficult
7 Key Product Owner Responsibilities
Product owners wear several hats in order to maximize the value of the products created by a scrum development team. In this article, we'll review seven key responsibilities of the product owners and what tools you can use to fulfill them.
Product Owner - Scaled Agile Framework
Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project. -Agile Manifesto Product Owner Find a Course: Implementing SAFeLeading SAFeSAFe for TeamsSAFe Scrum MasterSAFe Advanced Scrum MasterSAFe Product Owner / Product ManagerSAFe Release Train EngineerSAFe DevOps Go The PO has a significant role in maximizing the value produced by the team and ensuring Stories meet the user's needs and comply with the Definition of Done.
What is a Product Owner?
Learn About the Role of the Product Owner As described in the Scrum Guide, a Scrum Product Owner is accountable for maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the Scrum Team. How this is done may vary widely across organizations, Scrum Teams, and individuals.